FOURTH ANNUAL HOWARD ZINN BOOK FAIR
SUNDAY NOVEMBER 19TH, 2017 10-6
MISSION CAMPUS OF CITY COLLEGE OF SAN FRANCISCO
1125 VALENCIA STREET, SAN FRANCISCO
MEDIA INQUIRIES TO: ZINNBOOKFAIR <<AT>> GMAIL.COM
Over 140 Authors, Zinesters, Bloggers and publishers will gather for a jam-packed for a day of close to 60 readings, panel discussions and workshops exploring the value of dissident histories. In the spirit of the late historian Howard Zinn we recognize the stories of the ways that everyday people have risen to propose a world beyond empires big and small. There will also be a big room full of over 75 radical book sellers, publishers and community organizations.
Highlights include talks from:
- Adam Hochschild, NY Times Best-Selling author of Spain in Our Hearts and King Leopold’s Ghost
- Sekou Odinga, former Black Panther Party member and recently released political prisoner, author of In the Whirlwind
- Rebecca Solnit, Harper’s contributing editor and author of The Mother of All Questions and Men Explain Things to Me will discuss What’s Next for the Resistance
- Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz debuting her new book Loaded: A Disarming History of the Second Ammendment..
- Punk Icon, Michelle Cruz Gonzales, author of the Spitboy Rule: Tales of a Xicana in a Punk Band
- Sasha Lilly, local activist, Pacifica Radio host and author/editor of numerous books including Capital and Its Discontents: Conversations with Radical Thinkers in a Time of Tumult
- Radical strategies with important activists such as Mark Bray, Jovanka Beckles, Cindy Milstein, Kevin Van Meter, and Antonio Roman-Acala.
- A five-session track dedicated to exploring what ‘Black Reconstruction In Our Time’ would look like based on the seminal writings of W.E.B. Du Bois.
The Howard Zinn Book Fair is brought to you by an all-volunteer team and the support of the City College of San Francisco Community: (Labor and Community Studies Department, Social Justice AA-T Program, Free City Outreach, American Federation of Teachers 2121 ) and Rainbow Grocery Cooperative, California Institute For Integral Studies, Green Arcade Books, Haymarket Publishing and AK Press.